Even when study subjects were forced to eat so much that they didn’t lose any weight, a plant-based diet can still reverse type 2 diabetes in a matter of weeks.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Although I have dozens of videos about diabetes, I think this is the single most powerful one I‘ve ever made. Please share this life-changing, life-saving video with anyone you know with type 2 diabetes or at risk for the dreaded disease. As far as I’m concerned, this should be required viewing for every healthcare practitioner. I wish I had seen this when I was a medical student! If these kinds of videos have benefited you or your loved ones, please consider becoming a monthly supporter (https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/).
This is the final installment of a 3-part video series. If you missed the first two, check out Reversing Diabetes with Surgery (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-surgery) and Reversing Diabetes with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-food).
More on the remarkable work of Dr. Kempner here:
• Kempner Rice Diet: Whipping Us Into Shape (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kempner-rice-diet-whipping-us-into-shape/)
• Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drugs-and-the-demise-of-the-rice-diet/)
• Can Diabetic Retinopathy Be Reversed? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-diabetic-retinopathy-be-reversed/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-reversal-is-it-the-calories-or-the-food and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate