Even just a single egg a week may increase the risk of diabetes, the leading cause of lower-limb amputations, kidney failure, and new cases of blindness.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
More Freedom of Information Act insights into the egg industry can be found in:
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/)
• Eggs and Choline: Something Fishy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-choline-something-fishy/)
• Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-vs-cigarettes-in-atherosclerosis/)
• More Than an Apple a Day: Combating Common Diseases (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/more-than-an-apple-a-day-preventing-our-most-common-diseases/)
Flax seeds may help control blood sugars (Flaxseeds for Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/10/08/flaxseeds-for-diabetes/) as well as Indian gooseberries (Amla Versus Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/), but our best bet may be a diet composed entirely of plants (How to Prevent Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-diabetes/ and How to Treat Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-diabetes/).
I’ll be covering gestational diabetes (high sugars during pregnancy) in an upcoming video—stay tuned!
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-diabetes/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/