Is the reversal of type 2 diabetes with gastric bypass surgery due to the actual operation or just the severely restrictive diet required for recovery?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
You guessed it, the title of the next video is Reversing Diabetes with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-food), and then I’ll close out with one of my favorite videos to date: Diabetes Reversal: Is it the Calories or the Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-reversal-is-it-the-calories-or-the-food).
Here’s a link to the Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Diabetes-as-a-Disease-of-Fat-Toxicity) video I made reference to. What kind of fat? See Lipotoxicity: How Saturated Fat Raises Blood Sugar (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lipotoxicity-how-saturated-fat-raises-blood-sugar).
This is part of my video series diving deep into underlying causes of type 2 diabetes:
• What Causes Insulin Resistance? (http://nutritionfacts.org/what-causes-insulin-resistance)
• The Spillover Effect Links Obesity to Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-spillover-effect-links-obesity-to-diabetes)
• What Causes Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-diabetes)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-surgery and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate